2016 Snohomish River Fishing Report:
WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Snohomish river set to open for gamefish and coho fishing season extended
Action: WDFW opens the Snohomish River to fishing for gamefish beginning Oct. 22. and extends the coho fisheries on these the Snohomish through Nov. 30.
Species affected: Coho salmon and gamefish.
Reason for action: State and tribal co-managers had agreed to limited coho fisheries, Oct 11th. through Oct. 31st. on the Snohomish but kept the rivers closed to fishing for gamefish. The co-managers agree that the coho return is strong enough to extend the coho fisheries through Nov 30th. and open gamefish fisheries on Oct. 22nd., rather than Nov. 1st. as scheduled.
Effective locations and dates:
Snohomish River (Snohomish County) from the mouth (Burlington-Northern Railroad bridges), including all channels, sloughs, and interconnected waterways, but excluding all tributaries, upstream to the confluence of the Skykomish and Snoqualmie rivers. Open for gamefish Oct. 22nd. Open for coho fishing through Nov. 30th.
- Night closure in effect (fishing is open from one hour before official sunrise to one hour after official sunset).
- Anti-snagging rules apply.
- Salmon: Minimum size 12 inches; daily limit 2 coho only.
- Dolly Varden/Bull Trout: Min. size 20″. May be retained as part of the trout daily limit.
- Other trout: Minimum size 14″. Daily limit 2.
- Other gamefish rules, including statewide minimum size/daily limits apply.
- Sturgeon: Catch and release is allowed. When fishing for sturgeon, all other sturgeon rules apply (see page 14 of the Fishing in Washington Sport Fishing Pamphlet).
This concludes our 2016 Snohomish river fishing report.
Snohomish River Flow Rate and Water Levels
For more our access map, types of fish and seasons to fish the Snohomish River CLICK HERE!
Click Here for more Snohomish River fishing reports!
Click here to go back to the most recent Washington Fishing Reports!
Click here to sign up for our Lunker’s Guide Free E-mail Fishing Reports Newsletter.
Lunker’s Guide 2016 Snohomish River fishing Report!