2016 Skykomish River Fishing Report:
WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Skykomish river to open for gamefish and coho fishing season gets extended
Action: WDFW opens the Skykomish River to fishing for gamefish beginning Oct. 22. Extends the coho fisheries on these three rivers through Nov. 30.
Species affected: Coho salmon and gamefish.
Reason for action: State and tribal co-managers had agreed to limited coho fisheries, Oct. 11 through Oct. 31, on these rivers but kept the rivers closed to fishing for gamefish. The co-managers agree that the coho return is strong enough to extend the coho fisheries through Nov. 30 and open gamefish fisheries on Oct. 22, rather than Nov. 1, as scheduled.
Effective locations and dates:
Skykomish River from the mouth upstream to the confluence with the Wallace River. Open for gamefish Oct. 22. Open for coho fishing through Nov. 30. Fishing from a floating device is prohibited Nov. 1 through Nov. 30 from the boat ramp below Lewis St. Bridge at Monroe to a point 2,500 feet downstream from the ramp, and from 1,000 feet downstream of the Reiter Ponds outlet to 1,500 feet upstream.
- Night closure in effect (fishing is open from one hour before official sunrise to one hour after official sunset).
- Anti-snagging rules apply.
- Salmon: Minimum size 12 inches; daily limit 2 coho only.
- Dolly Varden/Bull Trout: Min. size 20″. May be retained as part of the trout daily limit.
- Other trout: Minimum size 14″. Daily limit 2.
- Other gamefish rules, including statewide minimum size/daily limits apply.
- Sturgeon: Catch and release is allowed. When fishing for sturgeon, all other sturgeon rules apply (see page 14 of the Fishing in Washington Sport Fishing Pamphlet).
This concludes our 2016 Skykomish River Fishing Report.
Skykomish River Flow Rate and Water Levels
For more info on fishing the Skykomish river such as fishing maps, Spawn info and more CLICK HERE!
Click Here for more Skykomish River fishing reports!
Click here to go back to the most recent Washington Fishing Reports!
Click Here! To hire a Lunker Elite Guide for the Skykomish River!
Lunker’s Guide 2016 Skykomish River Fishing