2016 Skykomish River Fishing Report:
WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Opens a portion of the upper Skykomish for hatchery steelhead fishing
Action: Opens the portion of the Skykomish River from Gold Bar/Big Eddy access (Hwy. 2 Bridge) to confluence of the North and South Forks to fishing for trout (steelhead) and gamefish.
Effective dates and times: Sept. 24 through Oct. 31, 2016.
Species affected: Trout and gamefish.
Locations and rules:
Skykomish River (Snohomish Co.) (from Gold Bar/Big Eddy Access (Hwy. 2 Bridge) to confluence of North and South forks.
- Night closure all species.
- Anti-snagging rules apply.
- Fishing from any floating device prohibited from 1,000 feet downstream of Reiter Ponds outlet to 1,500 feet upstream of the ponds.
- Dolly Varden/Bull trout: Min. size 20 inches, may be retained as part of the trout daily limit.
- Other trout: Min. size 14 inches, daily limit 2.
- Other game fish, statewide minimum size/daily limit.
- Salmon: Release all salmon.
Reason for action: State and tribal managers have agreed that opening a fishery for hatchery steelhead and gamefish will not compromise conservation objectives for coho escapement.
Additional Information: If in-season updates indicate a harvestable surplus of Snohomish coho, additional fisheries will be considered.
Information contact: Mill Creek Regional Office (425) 775-1311.
This concludes our 2016 Skykomish River Fishing Report.
Skykomish River Flow Rate and Water Levels
For more info on fishing the Skykomish river such as fishing maps, Spawn info and more CLICK HERE!
Click Here for more Skykomish River fishing reports!
Click here to go back to the most recent Washington Fishing Reports!
Click Here! To hire a Lunker Elite Guide for the Skykomish River!
Lunker’s Guide 2016 Skykomish River Fishing Report!