2016 Green River Fishing Report:
WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Coho retention in the Green River continues through Dec. 31
Action: Re-opens coho retention and closes steelhead retention on the Green (Duwamish) River through Dec. 31, 2016.
Effective dates: Immediately through Dec. 31, 2016.
Species affected: Salmon.
Locations and closure dates:
Green (Duwamish) River (King County): From 1st Ave. South Bridge upstream to water pipeline walk bridge (1/2 mile downstream of Tacoma Headworks Dam).
- Effective Dates: Immediately through Dec. 31, 2016.
- Salmon: Minimum size 12 inches. Daily limit 6. Up to 3 adults may be retained. Release chinook.
- Trout: Minimum size 14 inches. Daily limit 2. Release steelhead.
- Other Game Fish: Statewide minimum size/daily limit.
- All species: Nov. 1 – Nov. 30: night closure and anti-snagging rule.
Other Information: Release chinook and steelhead.
Reasons for action: These river sections had been closed to coho retention after Oct. 31, 2016, under a state-tribal agreement to protect coho salmon. The coho return is stronger than anticipated and can support continued sport and tribal retention fisheries.
Information Contact: Mill Creek Regional Office, (425) 775-1311.
This concludes our 2016 Green River Fishing Report.
For more information on Green River salmon fishing CLICK HERE!
Click here for Green River Water Levels and Flow Rate
Click here for more Green River Fishing Reports!
Click here to go back to the most recent Washington Fishing Reports!
Lunker’s Guide 2016 Green River Fishing Report!